Our Mission Statement
MRASA Refugee Centre is a non-profit organization aimed at creating a harmonious relationship between the South African local community and all foreign nationals by creating ways of peaceful co-existence between both parties.
The organization aims at providing a platform for the motivation and empowerment of both parties through promoting opportunities to support, bring together and grow the involved parties.
The organization comprises of members from different African countries. We are registered with the Department of Social Development with reg. Number 068-857-NPO
- To create peaceful co-existence between South African host community and immigrants.
- To provide a platform for harnessing talent and empowerment of immigrants and the host communities so that both parties can best handle their challenges.
Our Main Objectives:
- To bridge the gap between refugees and the host community and promote peaceful co-existence.
- To empower refugees and disadvantaged host community with practical skills to be self-reliant.
- To mobilize and provide emergency relief and humanitarian aid to communities affected by hunger, diseases, war, floods and other calamities.
- To provide counseling on HIV/Aids and Trauma.
- To act as a lobby group on Refugee issues.
- To provide on-going events and opportunities to advance the interests and needs of refugees in South Africa, through strategic partnerships with Government, sponsors, other non-profit organizations and business community.